Monday, October 3, 2011

Ice Cream

Madie informed me that she's in the picture on the church website of Elder Bednar's visit to Europe.  Here's the link. http://lds.org/church/news/elder-bednar-completes-tour-through-europe?lang=eng.  She's in the "photo gallery" section (7th picture from the beginning - she's sitting directly behind E. Bednar), but watch the video clip as well - it's so cool.  Well, Elder Bednar can't help but be way cool!!!!  








Also, I asked her what "chuffed" means - she used it in her last week's email.  Here's here explanation: 
Chuffed is when you are splendidly happy about something, or excited about it! like, "I'm chuffed that my mum is coming to England to pick me up!"


October 3, 2011
This week it was completely sunny and cloud free. I was quite surprised to see how blue the sky it, it was like seeing an old friend! What a great week we had. There was the phone call at 6:35 on Wed morning from our AP, "Sisters, sorry for calling so early...yet so late..." there was a training meeting that Sister Baker was supposed to attend that day at 9:30 and he had forgotten to tell us. There was another sister from the Coventry area going and so we quickly arranged for an exchange in companions, and Sister Matapo came to serve with me in Solihull for the day. What a great day. Before lunch Sister Matapo spotted a keyboard, one of the greatest desires of her heart. So whilst buying that, I got to know Steve and Steve, the guitar guys and gave Steve (younger Steve-perhaps we could call him Steve “Young”) a Book of Mormon. Now we are friends with the tailor, the guitar guys, the lush workers, the girl that works at a men's clothing store, the homeless guy, the street cleaners, other random workers, and the repair men. It's sort of fun to be a part of the town center community. ANYWAYsss, we did that and then we ate lunch and then decided to let Sister Matapo have a go on the bikes!  We walked most of the way to our new investigator Alan! Amazing! Two nights before, Sister Baker and I were “finding” and she sighed and said, "I wish that we could meet someone, set up a return appointment, and then they would keep it." Suddenly Alan opened the door, set a return appointment, and come Wednesday, he kept it!!! And he followed along, and the spirit was there, and he expressed a desire to have faith like ours. Cooooool. Then Sister Matapo and I walked our bikes back to our flat. Nice. And then I carried her keyboard to the train station to meet back up with our companions. Nice.

We also have another new investigator. We were finding with our district leader and his companion. I was with Elder Salmons, and Sister Baker was with Elder Wheichers. Sister Baker saw a lady and felt like we needed to talk to her, but couldn't get to her. I saw that same lady, and because she was eating an ice cream cone, I took it as an easy way to start up a conversation and gave her a little shout out. Well, we met with her a few days later, and she had been suicidal and depressed and looking for some glimmer of hope. She was frightened to meet with us because she expected that we would just try to convince her to convert. We just listened. Then we were able to testify that God loved her and that Christ knew how she was feeling. She then told us, "I know we were meant to meet. I was in the right place at the right time. I never buy ice cream, and that was the first one I've ever bought in the town." that hit me pretty hard! Well, I can conclude by saying that it's good thing Sister Baker follows the spirit, and it's a good thing that I just like ice cream. Nice!

Love and the Like to you!

Sister Pope
APW (Assistant to the President’s Wife)

No comments:

Post a Comment